As Regional Director you have the overall responsibility to ensure that all activities in the region are conducted and developed in accordance with We Effect’s policies, strategies and working methods. Your job is to ensure that We Effect delivers the highest possible quality in its operations.
The current priorities in the region include analysis and strategic development and management of the two programs in our core areas of adequate housing and sustainable rural development, as well as systems development, strengthened internal control and resource mobilisation. During the coming period the Regional Director will have to focus on organizational development and staff management. Continuous risk and conflict assessment is necessary as many of the countries We Effect works in are high risk, weak democracies with ongoing conflicts and frequent human rights violations.
An important part of the job is context analysis and strategic networking in the region. We Effect wants to build and maintain strong relationships with donors and other relevant actors. You will lead the work to achieve new funding for the development programmes.
The duty station is at the regional office in Guatemala City, Guatemala. You will travel frequently in the region and to our head office in Stockholm. As Regional Director you report to the Head of International Department at the head office in Stockholm.
- Lead and continuously develop the work in the region according to We Effect vision, values and global strategies.
- Overall responsibility for regional budget and regional resource mobilization.
- Overall development, coordination and quality assurance of the development programmes.
- Represent We Effect in relevant networks and contexts.
- Personnel responsibility for staff in the region including, Country Representations and the regional team in the Guatemala City office.
The employment contract is three years with the possibility of prolongation. The contract start is 1 August, 2019.Read more and apply