The thematic work at We Effect centres primarily on gender; environment and climate change; rights-based approach, financial inclusion and civil society development and perspectives.
As manager of the Technical Unit you will lead a group of highly skilled advisors that are based in both Sweden and in our regional offices.
The person we are looking for should have several years management experience within a civil society context and be highly skilled in leading work on thematic development. You should have experience of working on gender transformative and rights based programmes. You should also have an excellent understanding of development cooperation in both theory and practice.
As a leader you are a mature and value based, with the commitment, experience and tools to support your staff to succeed in their roles. You will play an important role in raising the visibility of the Technical Unit throughout the organization. You will nurture collaborations across departments and regions. As the manager of the unit it is crucial that you have excellent ability to organize, plan, prioritize, communicate and follow up your work.
- Strategic development; lead the planning, implementation and the follow-up of the work of the Technical Unit.
- Management of unit staff, including recruitments, mentoring, line-management and performance reviews.
- Budgeting and financial follow-up of the Unit’s budgets, including monitoring and controlling expenses.
You will lead the unit’s work to:
- Conduct, support and coordinate knowledge development.
- Define policies, strategies and guidance relevant to the integration of cross-cutting themes and thematic core areas in We Effect’s development cooperation.
- Develop, adapt and improve methods and systems, i.e. making positions and policies etc practically applicable in our programmatic work through tools, guidance, routines, formats and manuals.
- Provide capacity-building and support to relevant functions within We Effect and to partners.
- Provide thematic support to our regional offices and quality assure programming and proposal processes.
- Provide oversight, monitoring and overall results reporting of cross-cutting themes and core program focus areas.
- Follow the development within the thematic fields, including participate in relevant networks and representing We Effect in relation to external stakeholders.
Disired candate profile
- Academic degree within a relevant field for the position, such as political science, human rights, or development studies.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience of qualified work with development cooperation through a rights-based approach.
- At least 3 years’ field experience of work with development cooperation.
- A minimum of 2 years of responsible leadership experience in management or supervisory positions.
- Excellent theoretical understanding and practical experience of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation, e.g. logical framework, outcome mapping, results harvesting, etc.
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of the rights-based approach and civil society development
- Expertise in at least one of We Effect’s cross-cutting area and/or program focus areas, i.e. Gender; Environment and Climate Change; Rights-Based Approach, Rural development, Conflict, Financial Inclusion and Civil Society development and perspectives
- Proven experience from thematic and methods development, including providing capacity building, advisory support and facilitation.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication and pedagogical skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt work to shifting contexts, situations and needs
- Ability to work with an elevated level of independence
- Collaborative skills
- Ability to deliver results and meet dead-lines