The science is clear – failure to hold global temperature increase to no more than 1.5°C and to adapt to the changing climate will put all of WWF’s conservation objectives, and the well-being and survival of many species, including humans, in danger. Scaled-up global efforts that ensure an emissions peak before 2020 and sharp reductions thereafter, as well as dramatically scaled-up adaptation efforts, are essential to avoid this danger.
WWF has a long and rich history of private sector engagement on sustainability issues and the private sector remains a critical driver for WWFs “Climate and Energy Practice” outcomes. Climate Savers (CS) is WWF’s climate partnership programme that seeks to work together with businesses to shift towards a low-carbon economy. The programme is intended to inspire a change in thinking in the business sector by showcasing best-practice corporate leadership in climate change action. Participating companies are better placed to avoid carbon-related risks and seize opportunities to propel their long-term business strategies.
The Climate Savers manager, together with WWFs Climate Business Hub, the Climate & Energy Practice, and the WWF National Offices (NO’s), will be coordinating the work with the current companies and NO’s whilst determining the future role and place of the programme.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement CS strategy together with current and interested CS offices, and CBH
- Securing funds and capacity for the programme in line with the WWF National Offices
- Facilitating the integration of the programme within the new CBH structure
- Supporting NO’s in the development / renewal of CS partnerships
- Supporting interested NO’s in starting up a national CS programme (company engagement strategy)
- Providing direct NO support, including support for NO company engagement
- Coordinating the Climate Savers international event with the WWF host office
- Promoting Climate Savers with external stakeholders
Final date for applications: September 3, 2018Read more and apply