The Finance team, Stockholm
Organisationally, the financial controller belongs to the Finance team that is responsible for financial accounting, budget and financial follow up and audits. The financial controller of Somalia works collaboratively with Head of Multi-regional who she/he supports in financial issues related to Forum Syd’s programme interventions in Somalia.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure the quality of financial reporting from the programmes in Somalia
- Advice, train and support the Finance Managers and their staff in Somalia in the financial area. Together with Finance Managers visit and audit partners in Somalia.
- Support the Sub granting officers and the Somalia team in Stockholm in financial matters related to Somalia
- Coordinate and/or participate in the processes of auditing, budgeting, follow-up and financial reporting to the donor.
- Participate in the annual closing.
- Participate in internal audits and coordinating external Swedish audits of the programmes. Follow-up on financial risks regarding Forum Syd´s financial operations in Somalia and Cambodia.
- Give advice and support in matters related to deviations in projects and programmes.
- Handle work related to budget, financial follow up in relation to reporting to Sida and internal follow-up.
- Participate as financial controller in Somalia Prepcoms with special focus on budgets and other finance related issues.
- Prepare requisitions of funds to SIDA
- Control payments of grants from Sweden in sub granting programmes
- Facilitate and contribute to the development of the organisation´s financial management and financial systems
- Participate in meetings, seminars or conferences when relevant to further develop the knowledge in the field of financial control
This position is a full time temporary position for one year, with possibility to be a permanent position. The position is located at Forum Syd’s office, Stockholm. In this position you will travel to Somalia in order to support and train the finance staff, do internal audits and together with the Finance managers meet and perform audits of partners. Travelling is estimated to 4-5 times a year.Read more and apply