As Finance Assistant you will be a part of the South Caucasus team and work under the guidance of, and report to the Finance Officer and the Head of Office/Regional Manager. It is a 50% position.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
Assisting Finance Officer in implementation and maintenance of all financial management processes and procedures of Kvinna till Kvinna in Tbilisi in line with applicable law, Kvinna till Kvinna policies and procedures, and international standards.
In addition to accounting and financial management for the office in Tbilisi, depending on the availability/necessity, you might work closely with Partner Organisations to assess budgets and financial reports, oversee audits and follow-ups, and provide capacity building in financial management and anti-corruption.
Financial Management mainly consists of:
- Maintain proper books of accounts;
- Carry out payments according to approved policies and procedures;
- Ensure financial supporting documents are complete and scan them and upload them to X-ledger on a timely manner;
- Ensure relevant financial supporting documents are sent to Head Quarter (HQ) on a timely manner;
- Ensure internal control system is followed, including making sure the anti-corruption policy is implemented internally and externally;
- Support FO to regularly update and monitor relevant financial reports and inform the Head of Office/ Regional Manager and other relevant colleagues, on the status of the office finances;
- Prepare internal financial reports and statutory declarations/reports required by Georgia legislation for approval and submission by FO and Regional Manager;
- Submit reports in respect of management and statutory audits;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or similar, with a focus on financial management and accounting;
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in financial management, bookkeeping, payroll, grant and audit management within international development cooperation or similar fields;
- Excellent communications skills and ability to cooperate with a range of partners and stakeholders;
- In-depth knowledge of Georgian tax legislation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Experience of using digital accountancy software;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Knowledge and experience of anti-corruption strategies and measures;
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and work flexibly and pro-actively and use own initiative.
- Knowledge of languages spoken in the South Caucasus region;
- Experience of working with international donors, such as Sida;
- Knowledge of Swedish development cooperation;