Kvinna till Kvinna is looking for consultant/s to carry out an evaluation of the programme Strengthening Women’s Rights and Women’s Participation in North Macedonia, funded by Sida.
The purpose of the evaluation is to:
Assess the progress that has been made towards the intermediate objectives of the programme throughout the implementation period.
Identify and document lessons learned and good practices to inform and strengthen Kvinna till Kvinna’s future programming, including an examination of methods used within the three thematic focuses of the programme.
Examine the added value of Kvinna till Kvinna’s support to partner organisations, in relation to capacity development, technical knowledge and other aspects, as well as support to the feminist and women’s movements in the country. Assess whether there is any other, national actor, that could take on Kvinna till Kvinna’s role.
About the programme:
The thematic focus of the programme is countering Gender-based Violence, promoting women’s economic empowerment, supporting women’s participation and the implementation of the women, peace and security agenda. Through the bilateral programme, Kvinna till Kvinna directly supports seven partner organisations, women civil society organisations (WCSOs), two of which re-grant to in total ten local women’s rights organisations.
Inception report, including proposed methodology, refined evaluation questions, data collection tools, and final workplan.
Presentation of main findings to the working group.
Draft evaluation report
Final evaluation report, not exceeding 20 pages (final) including recommendations and an executive summary.
Required skills and competencies:
- Experience from conducting similar evaluations.
- Master’s degree in social sciences or other related disciplines, or equivalent experience, as well as strong social science research background.
- Solid experience of working with gender and/or feminist theory and civil society, preferably from the North Macedonia and/or the Western Balkan region.
- Experience of rights-based analytical evaluation in the context of international development cooperation and civil society.
- Experience with programme design and theory of change, participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement.
- Fluent in i) English and ii) Macedonian (alternatively, interpretation expenses must be included in the budget).
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with strong commitment to delivering timely and high-quality results.